Safety & Security
Regis Jesuit is committed to creating safe and caring environment for all students, employees, parents and visitors. The Board of Trustees, RJ administration and staff are working together to implement proven “best practices” in school safety that help ensure the physical and psychological safety of our students and staff. RJ parents can log into the RJ website for additional campus safety information regarding the reverse communication procedures, family reunification after an incident, the Standard Response Protocol, prevention programs and safety resources for families.
The school has:
- An Emergency Response and Crisis Management Guide that is updated annually.
- A Standard Reunification Method.
- Provided Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) training for all employees with additional training for school leaders.
- Two Security Specialists and two Campus Monitors who are on campus daily to monitor campus activities and assist with school safety planning.
- Conducted school safety assessments with the assistance of the Aurora Police Department, Arapahoe County Sheriff and local fire departments.
- Conducted regular all-hazard drills with students and employees.
- Installed interior and exterior security cameras throughout the campus.
- Developed a multi-year plan that prioritizes future campus safety improvements.
- Committed to the implementation of data-proven safety prevention programs.
- Established ongoing working relationships with the:
Regis Jesuit has a school safety team that reviews the campus safety plan and procedures for both psychological and physical safety and oversees the school's crisis response plans.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding campus safety, please contact: